When you are building your new house or are having your existing house renovated, floor tiles from Melbourne are considered to be one of the most important aspects that plays a huge role in the overall look of the house. While you are at tile shops for purchasing your favorite most tiles to give a brand new look to your place, there are certain things that these tile shops probably won’t warn or inform you about. Let’s find out some of the dos and don’ts of tiles that you should be knowing before you go on with making that purchase.
- Make sure you are using mats and rugs in areas which are highly prone of getting dust or mud which may be difficult to clean over time on the tiles. These areas could be specifically the entrance part of the house where dirty shoes filled with mud are more likely to enter.
- It is important that you clean your tiles with clean water and do not repeat the water filled with dirt as this leads to more chances of bringing the dirt back to the floor. After a specific area of water, you should fill up fresh water in order to get the desired clean end result.
- Do not use any acidic solutions or bleach over the tiles for cleaning purpose as this will end up in removing the shine and gloss from the tiles which cannot be undone. In fact, a single cleaning with any such solutions will damage the tiles and there is nothing you can do to go back to get that gloss.
- With so many different options available when it comes to tiles, they have their own way to be dealt with. As a result, you have to thoroughly check up and see the dos and don’ts and the precautions that are needed to be followed in order to maintain those tiles.
- Even though good tiles are durable, one shouldn’t underestimate their quality and consider them as indestructible. This means that you should be careful in putting weight over them as they can be cracked, chipped or broken if the instructions are not rightfully followed.
- It is important that you regularly clean the tiles as they are high maintenance. Cleaning with just plain water is more than enough but it needs to be done on a regular basis to keep it glowing.
- Cleaning with a simple mop or cloth or towel is just enough for the floors to wipe off all the dirt on the floor. There is no need to use any other material such as scouring powders, steel wool and other similar items.